Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Balls of Sweetness!

Back again with our baking theme in mind for the holidays, I seem to have focused on round shaped baked goodies this morning.  Here is what I am thinking: I'll make up several different kinds of cake balls, fudge, toffees, and other type goodies.  Then I'll fill some festive holiday tins with the goodies.

(I have started recycling empty aluminum coffee cans, the big ones, instead of holiday tins as they can get kind of expensive to buy new each year.  I use Christmas themed or other pretty scrapbook paper to cover the outside of the coffee cans with, maybe add some ribbon or stickers, a pretty gift tag and...Voila!  Up-cycled goodies containers for your holiday gifts!)

All you have to do is bake, fill, and give!  You are ready to knock the neighbors, your kids' teachers, soccer coaches, and family members socks right off with how creative, thrifty, and kitchen-savvy you are...Sounds like a win-win solution to me.  Now get to filling those tins!

Don't forget to post pictures of your results to our site.  We love to see what's shakin' and bakin' in your kitchen!


Buckeye Candy

Cake Balls

Chocolate Cake Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...