Thursday, August 16, 2012

Midwest Favorites Part 1

Ready for Midwest food favorites? This week we head over to the Midwest states and check out what sort of dishes, food and feasting they are famous for! To start our tour let's visit Nebraska and all those corn fields. It's no wonder they call themselves the Cornhusker state, since they grow and husk A LOT of corn. Try our Corn Relish Recipe to celebrate Nebraska in style.

Corn Relish
The Midwest wouldn't be on the map without Kansas, also known for its bodacious barbecue and of course home to Dorothy and that Wizard dude. Our Barbecue Beef Casserole is a delicious way to explore Kansas, even if you can't get over there anytime soon!

Barbecue Beef Casserole
Oklahoma is one of those states I couldn't come up with an actual recipe picture for because not many people indulge in Okra delights. But...that's what Oklahoma is famous for and I am not one to down play all that "O" food. Try our no bake Oatmeal cookies to satisfy your "O" craving.

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
I've been to Texas myself and I can tell you that many things are bigger in Texas, simply by virtue of size alone. The state is huge! I hope you have a huge appetite because in honor of Texas being the "Steak State" I featured our Boston Market Meatloaf as a possible recipe to help celebrate Texas's hugeness.

Boston Market Meatloaf
I hope you are enjoying our state by state tour of famous food and recipes. I am having fun putting these posts together. Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook to share your favorite State food, or visit Alicia's Recipes for more yummy and free recipe ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...