Thursday, August 23, 2012

Midwest Favorites Part 2

Have you enjoyed our blog series about popular foods from each state? Today's food trip continues through the Midwest, a little further east with a whole lot of taste. As I research foods and recipes, I have learned so much about each state and what they are famous for. And I have been surprised more than a few times. For example, in Minnesota they are apparently well known for their fried food on a stick. Give our homemade corn dogs a go to capture a little Minnesota taste.

Corn Dogs
I would have thought Iowa would be a shoe in for some sort of corn bread recipe or maybe cereal. Another surprise! Iowa is most known for it's love of loose meat sandwiches, such as pulled pork and barbecue beef. Here's a great recipe to get you on the Iowa loose meat kick.

Crock Pot Barbecue Beef
I never expected to learn that Missouri is famous for its toasted ravioli. I don't think I've ever had toasted ravioli, and I didn't have a recipe to offer either. So I moved to the next best thing, in my humble opinion...Lasagna!

Spinach Lasagna
Then there's Arkansas. First, the name is funky. Then I learned that Arkansas is renown for "jelly pie." I'm not even really sure what that is but it too seemed a bit funky. So I stuck with Shepherd's Pie instead. It seemed safer and technically it's still pie.

Shepherd's Pie
I hope you are enjoying our food tour through the states! Connect with us on Facebook to share your favorite state food and visit Alicia's Recipes for more great recipes like these!

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...